Togo is located east of Ghana and west of Benin in western Africa

Togo is located east of Ghana and west of Benin in western Africa
clipart provided by: www.worldatlas.com

Monday, April 28, 2014

Let's go to... Indiana


Our pre-trip was a little bumpy.  Micah and I both came down with colds a week before we were to leave for our month long trip.  I’m not sure how Micah kept going, but with being pregnant, I was too sick and tired to even keep up with our normal daily activities, let alone get anything done from my long list of things to do before we left.  Our colds subsided after a few days and I had enough energy to check a few things off my list.  After just 1 day of getting my energy back, Liza came down (or up) with a 103.5 - 105 degree fever, off and on for 4 days.  She was cranky and clingy, and yet again I couldn’t get much of anything done.  Finally, on Monday her temperature went down and her smile came back.  Thankfully, Liza was feeling better before we left, but by then I was down to less than 24 hours to get my huge list completed.  We wanted to leave Tuesday morning, but I was busy until after dinner Tuesday trying to get everything done so we could leave.  And of course Micah was busy working until just before dinner Tuesday as well.  I still had a few things left on my list, but at least I could do them on the road.

Thankfully our trip hasn’t been as bumpy (besides the winter-weathered roads).  We actually had a great start when we went to pick up our rental car for the trip.  They upgraded us to a van before we even had a chance to ask.  Originally we wanted to rent a van so we’d have room for boxes of things to drop off with family and friends along the way.  But vans are almost twice as much to rent, so we settled for a car and figured we’d find another way to pass along our family keepsakes.  Of course this upgrade added more work for me to do before leaving, but good work, so that’s ok.  We have lots of space and Sam loves the new ride.  I do too; it’s much more comfortable for a pregnant mom than a car.


The first week of our trip has been in Indiana.  We’ve been staying with Micah’s Grandpa and playing with cousins all week (along with visiting schools and churches).  Sam and Liza have really enjoyed their time with Avery, Izzy & Paisley, as you can see in the pictures.



One day we journeyed to Fort Wayne so the kids and I could see Concordia Theological Seminary for the first time. We also met with a Pastor and his wife who lived in Togo during the early days of mission work there. He now goes back for intensive classes on a regular basis.  We all enjoyed the Biblical themed playground at the seminary.  One of our goals for our trip is to stop at as many playgrounds as we can.  Hopefully the weather doesn’t interfere too much.  





All in all, it’s been a great start and we look forward to our stops in Illinois and Iowa this coming week.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful.